This is part of the preparation for the TOGAF certification exam. It is very important to cover this aspect as part of my objective to cover the governance layer of enterprises. I have already achieved ITIL Expert (Service Management) and obtained PMI’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certifications. I also have extensive knowledge about ISO20000 and COBIT 4 (will need to update my knowledge to version 5 at one point). I will write another post regarding the details of my plan to cover this aspect. Will keep you updated on my progress!
Open Group Standard TOGAF® Version 9.1 – ISBN: 978-90-8753-679-4, Document Number: G116 – Copyright 2011, The Open Group, All rights reserved.
Course Details: (December 17-20, 2017)
High-level Topics included:
- The TOGAF® 9.1 Components
- The Enterprise Continuum
- The Architecture Repository
- The Architecture Content Framework
- The Architecture Content Metamodeling
- Architecture Governance
- Business Scenarios
- Stakeholder Management
- Architecture Views and Viewpoints
- Building Blocks and the ADM
- Architecture Partitioning
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Iteration and Levels
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Security
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: SOA
- Architecture Maturity Models
- Architecture Skills Framework
- The Architecture Development Method:
- The Preliminary Phase
- Phase A: Architecture Vision
- Phase B: Business Architecture
- Phase B: Business Architecture – Catalogs, Diagrams, and Matrices
- Phase C: Information Systems Architecture
- Phase C: Data Architecture
- Phase C: Data Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices and Diagrams
- The Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model
- Phase C: Applications Architecture
- Phase C: Applications Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices, and Diagrams
- Foundation Architecture
- Phase D: Technology Architecture
- Phase D: Technology Architecture – Catalogs, Matrices, and Diagrams
- Migration Planning Techniques
- Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions
- Phase F: Migration Planning
- Phase G: Implementation Governance
- Phase H: Architecture Change Management
- ADM Requirements Management
This is a badge by IBM that is linked to internal courses that convey the methodology behind offering the services related to Watson Conversation (Chatbots). The public link is below if you’d like to learn more about the service:
The link to the certification:
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency/home/welcome)
December 16, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Introduction to Crypto and Cryptocurrencies – Cryptographic Hash Functions and their properties, Hash Pointers and Data Structures, Digital Signatures, Public Keys as Identities
- Programming Assignment: A simple cryptocurrency – Scrooge Coin
- How Bitcoin Achieves Decentralization – Centralization vs. Decentralization, Distributed Consensus, Consensus without Identity: the Block Chain, Incentives and Proof of Work
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/decision-making/home/welcome).
It is part of a 5-course specialization in: Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach.
December 7, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- An Introduction to Data Analytics – What is Data Analytics? Solving business Problems using data analytics, The value delivered by analytics, Making business-defining decisions using data analytics, PwC’s Global Data and Analytics Survey 2016
- The Data and Analytics Framework – Why do you need a data and analytics framework? The 4 aspects of the data and analytics framework, The data and analytics framework, Data and analytics framework: tools and techniques, Types of analytics
- Using Data to Make Decisions
- Careers and roles in a professional services firm
I haven’t been posting for a while – but it’s not because I haven’t been learning… It is because I have been overwhelmed with the influx of information, that I didn’t even have time to blog about it :).
I’ll keep this post updated with some of the information that I can share with everyone, since most of the learning under this topic is done through IBM’s internal learning portals. I still go outside my bubble and look from a broader perspective at any topic that I am handling, especially in IBM. It’s amazing how open and blurred its boundaries are; this gives us the chance to be unbiased and to really go back to our clients with top notch solutions to their problems… we also cook awesome and super cool futuristic dishes to satisfy their innovation appetite!
I think I chose the coolest profession in the history of the world…
… To be continued…
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/algorithmic-toolbox/home/welcome).
It is part of a 5-course specialization in Data Structures and Algorithms.
It’s been a while since I’ve tackled any algorithmic dilemmas. So I figured it would be great to refresh on the basics quickly, instead of deep diving in NP-hard problems :))!
December 1, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Solving a basic coding problem while tackling different bugs that might arise because of things like integer overflow, slow performance, wrong results, boundary issues, etc…
- Stress Testing techniques and debugging
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/enterprise-system-management-security/home/welcome).
It is part of a 4-course specialization in Computer Security and Systems Management. It was a good refresher – back to basics – type of course!
November 29, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Enterprise Computing – Roles in System Management, Practical System Management
- Networking – Addressing, Subnetting, Network Addressing and Subnetting Explained from Cisco, OSI Model
December 11, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Virtualization – What is Virtualization, Types of Virtualization, When to use and not use virtualization, Your Computer vs. an Enterprise System, Overview of Virtualization from VMware
- Security – FIPS 199, Risk in System Management, Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, Other Topics
- Course Project – BYOD (adoption, risk, security, networking, future)
This webinar (recorded on the on 5 February 2015) provides an overview of the recently published White Paper on SIAM and ITIL, written by Kevin Holland and published by AXELOS. It provides an introduction to the topic and how implementation of SIAM builds on the guidance provided by the core ITIL publications.
Link to the Webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQUiKBsZtg
Link to the Whitepaper: https://www.axelos.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=6ed22879-f3cd-458c-87c2-b53575ddca06
This course is offered by coursera (Link to course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/planning-auditing-maintaining-enterprise-systems/home/welcome).
It is part of a 4-course specialization in Computer Security and Systems Management.
Record of Completion: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/records/8CAFN7ZSXF78
November 24, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Critical first steps in System Management – Security at the forefront, Attack surfaces, Integrity
- Planning for an enterprise system environment – Policies (Organizational and Technical), Separation of duties, Planning for disaster
November 26, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Audit – Strategies for Monitoring, Splunk, Auditing, Operational Intelligence, Splunk – Working Smarter NIST, Syslog
- Maintain – Updating systems in the enterprise, When something goes wrong, Base-lining and Assessment, Backup Strategies, The 3-2-1 Backup Strategy
November 27, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Peer-graded Assignment: Understanding and writing organizational policies
This course is offered by EDX.ORG (Link to course: https://courses.edx.org/courses/course-v1:IIMBx+MK210x+2T2017/course/)
November 22, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Introduction to CRM – What is CRM, Criticality of Customer Relationships, Benefits of Customer Relationships, Why Should Businesses Adopt CRM, Expert Insights
- Building Customer Relationships – IDIC Framework, Ladder of Loyalty, Customer Bonds, Customer Defections, CRM Framework, Expert Insights
November 23, 2017 – Completed Topics:
- Economics of CRM – Evolution of Marketing Practices, Customer Share Vs Market Share, Lifetime Value of Customers, Activity Based Costing for CRM, Customer Equity, Expert Insights